This post is kind of a fraud. I mean, I AM reading all of these books. I really am. I just read like five pages every five days lately. Except for my magazines. Those get read cover-to-cover every week. What can I say? My attention span ain’t what it used to be. But here are five books I’m currently reading. And no, there’s no Fifty Shades of anything around here.
Five Days of Favorite Things: Day Three: Books I’m Reading
August 16, 2012 Leave a Comment
Hey YOU, yes you. You reading this post right now. Do you have a favorite thing you want to share? Awesomesauce. Get it ready to post for tomorrow! I’ll have a link-up at the bottom of tomorrow’s post. Yeah, short notice. It’s how I roll sometimes. But it will be fun. Pinky swear.
1. Elizabeth I by Margaret George: I’m a sucker for historical fiction. Especially anything Tudors-related. I’ve read every book on Henry VIII and his wives so I’ve moved on to his kids. This is a fantastic telling of the story of Elizabeth I. It will take me forever to finish, but it’s so worth it.
2. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell: No explanation needed other than this is my single most favorite book of all time. Ever. Hands-down. Get the point? Haven’t read it? You have to. I think this is my twentieth time reading this since ninth grade. And I’ll read it twenty more.
3. Solve Your Child’s Sleep Problems by Dr. Ferber: Oh stop with the clutching of the pearls, people. Dr. Ferber knows his stuff. And I have a four year-old who is up at least twice a night, every night. I need help. And sleep. Ironically, I can’t concentrate on his advice because I’m so damn tired. One of these days I’ll put his ideas to practice and get some sleep. One sweet day.
4. Walt Disney by Bob Thomas: My favorite Walt Disney bio so far. It’s filled with so much fantastic detail and little bits of trivia. I love soaking it all up. My dad bought this for me at a used book store and there was a map from the early 90′s tucked inside. Score!
5. Entertainment Weekly: So it’s not a book. I don’t care. I get so giddy when I see a fresh, new copy in my mailbox on Fridays. I make special time to read it each week. It’s my “me time” bible. And, yes, I covered up that annoying woman’s face. If I wasn’t so anal about the condition of my magazines I’d rip off the cover. EW is by far my favorite magazine. It’s the best entertainment news without tons of paparazzi gossip. And the Fall movie preview is awesomesauce. Except for learning The Great Gatsby isn’t being released until Summer 2013 now. Jerks.
What are YOU reading right now? Don’t forget to link up with one of your favorite things for Friday!