(So days two and three are being posted today. Stupid power outage yesterday killed my blogging groove. Jerk power company.)
Today’s Favorite Things is all about apps. I just did a huge clean out of my apps for my iPhone (and here come the spam comments, y’all). I had my entire memory full and I wasn’t using 3/4 of the apps I had on my phone. Here are some of the ones I use the most and love the most (again, nothing here is sponsored, yo).
Social Media Apps:
1. Sprout Social: I started using this program as part of my job as a Social Media Community Manager. It makes it super-simple to schedule posts on Facebook and Twitter, respond to messages, and see stats. I especially love using it in conjunction with the new Pages for Facebook app. Makes working on vacation much easier.
2. Voxer: A walkie-talkie app with texting and picture message capability. I like being able to leave a quick message for someone without having to call and wait for voicemail. It’s also a great alternative if you don’t have unlimited text/calling and you’re on a wifi connection. I use it a lot towards the end of the month when I’m near my text limit.
3. Lines by Touring Plans: I use this app all.of.the.time. when we’re in Walt Disney World (and I also had the Disneyland version for my trip last month). The wait times are almost always accurate, I can access crowd calendars, and I can even participate by clocking my waits and submitting them. This app saves us so much time when we’re in the parks. It’s worth the subscription price tenfold. I may or may not also use it when I’m at home and daydreaming of what I’d be doing if I were in the parks. Maybe. Possibly.
4. Gate Guru: This app is a must when travelling to new airports! It provides every bit of information you could want about an airport, including where food and shopping are located (and if it’s before or after security, because we all know a Starbucks outside of security means nothing. I’m not chugging my hot drink. Give me Starbucks when I can relax at my gate, amirite?). You can also plug in your flight information and it will update you with gate information for arrivals and departures. I love knowing which terminal I’m arriving at, especially when I have a connecting flight (I’m looking at you ATL with your horrid “run across seven terminals to get to another flight on the same airline” nonsense).
5. Starbucks: Do I really need to explain this one? Seriously? There is nothing I love more than having my Starbucks budget on my phone. And I get giddy whenever I see those little stars drop into my cup. You know you do, too. The addition of being able to reload your card via PayPal makes me weak in the knees. Every store with a rewards program should have this type of app.
6. Instagram: Once again this one is self-explanatory. We’re following each other over there, right? RIGHT?
7. Hipstamatic: I don’t use this one as much as I should, but I love Hip for messing around and experimenting with iPhoneography. I haven’t purchased many of the film/lens packs yet, but the latest update came with some new options I can’t wait to try out. Maybe I’ll give them a go in Cali next week.
8. SkyView: This app is freaking awesome, y’all. You hold your phone up to the night sky and SkyView points out stars, planets, constellations, and the path of the moon. I could sit all night long and explore the sky. It’s pretty trippy the first time you use it. You don’t grasp just how much stuff is up there until you see it in this app. Download it and use it tonight. You’ll love it. I promise.
So there you have it. Eight apps I love. What are some of YOUR favorite apps?