It’s always been a tradition in my family for my mom to buy each of her kids (and now grandkids) a Hallmark Keepsake Ornament. After 29 years, my tree is pretty much exclusively Hallmark (and I don’t even have my childhood ornaments…those are still at home).
There’s just something about an ornament coming out of that signature Hallmark box that makes it extra special. And, each of our ornaments has a story: first Christmas together, Baby’s First Christmas, ornaments highlighting our favorite things…the list goes on and on. I love when we’re putting up the ornaments and we relive all of the stories behind our ornaments. Our Christmas tree is full of fantastic memories.
I was at the mall last week and swung by the Hallmark Gold Crown Store to pick up this year’s Hallmark Keepsake Ornament catalog. I thought my wish list was long last year, but it’s not even close to what I’m dreaming of this year!
I’d love to hear about the ornaments you collect, too!
Here are the ten ornaments I want hanging on my tree for Christmas 2012: (all photos are from the Hallmark site and not my property and no, I was not asked or paid to write this post. I’m pretty sure Hallmark has no clue who I am.)
1. Father Christmas: My mom started this series for me a while ago and it’s still one of my favorites. The Santa’s are so detailed and just gorgeous. There’s even a special edition Father Christmas this year. I’m hoping she gets me both!
2. Magician Mickey: The first in a new series featuring Mickey Mouse in classic films. Need I say more?
3. Holiday Lighthouse: Another first in series ornament. I love lighthouses and I can never have too many series ornaments.
4. The Moose Mug: I’m thinking of getting this one for TH. How can you not giggle when you see this ornament?
5. Miss Gulch: Every time I look at this ornament, I hear the tornado scene music in my head. I’ll get you my pretty ornament, and all your little ornament friends, too!
6. Han Solo to the Rescue: Did you really think I’d have a list without something Star Wars on it? This has been the year of Star Wars for our family and we’ll definitely be celebrating it with this ornament.
7. Scarlett Meets Her Match: One of my favorite scenes in “Gone With the Wind”. Rhett jumping up from behind the couch to tease Scarlett after she declares her love for Ashley Wilkes? Classic. I may or may not wear out the battery listening to the scene over and over again.
8. Brave/Merida: Bunny’s new favorite princess. She immediately picked this one out of the catalog as her wish for this year.
9: Darth Vader Peekbuster: This one cracks me up. Big time. It has a motion sensor attached, so if anyone goes near the presents and tries to peak, Darth will give them a what-for. The phrases are awesome, too. “The Force is strong with you-but it’s not Christmas yet.” The kids will love this one, too!
10. Jack Sneaks a Peek: I have a whole slew of Nightmare ornaments. I love that this one attaches to the light string so the crack of the door glows.
Do you collect Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments? Leave me a comment and share your favorites!